Choose your card and name it
Shuffle the cards. While you are shuffling the cards, you could focus on a question for example:
- What do I most need to look at in my life right now?
- What do I most need to be aware of my life over the next x months/weeks/days?
- What do I need to know about this person/situation/task to make a decision?
Draw three cards from your tarot deck. Put each card in its upright position after you take it out from the deck.
Go with your intuition as to which card to choose. You will be working on/with this card for the next few weeks.
Name this card e.g. “I’ve drawn the eight of pentacles.” By verbalising the name of the card, you are acknowledging it rather than denying it.
I use the Rider Waite tarot deck as it’s one of the first decks that I’m introduced to. I’m generally comfortable with this deck as it resonates with me and speaks to me. It has been generally ‘accurate’ for me.
The three cards that I have drawn are:
- 10 of pentacles – this is my dream and goal really;
- the seven of pentacles – this is a nice card too but it doesn’t really ‘speak’ to me; and
- the eight of pentacles – I’m really drawn to this card for some unconscious reason.