I hope I’m wrong and I can definitely be wrong as it’s my first time predicting something of a country as an astrologer. I predict that Ireland is heading towards a recession in 2020 and it’s likely to continue until 2021.
The astrological reasons supporting my prediction are:
- The Saturn-Pluto conjunction that takes place exactly on 12 Jan 2020 is in Ireland’s 2nd house of finances, wealth and resources. Ireland’s reserves (2nd) will be restricted, reduced (Saturn) and event(s) may burn a big hole (Pluto) in Ireland’s pocket. Hopefully, Ireland’s wealth won’t be wiped off (Pluto).
- Transiting Saturn conjuncts Jupiter in 2nd from February 2020 to January 2021 at least (the dates of the exact hits are 29 Mar, 23 Jun and 22 Dec). Again, there’s contraction in the growth of the Irish cash till during this period of time. As Jupiter is the chart ruler of Ireland, during the same time, the country is subject to a reality check especially when it comes to beliefs of its residents. I’m going out on a limb here – religious organisation e.g. the catholic church may dictate its financial support during this period and long-distance travel e.g. Ryanair and Aer Lingus may suffer financially. There may be new law being put in place to (re)structure the Irish purse.
- Despite the foregoing, there is going to be some relief financially for the country around December 2020 or January 2021 because transiting Jupiter conjuncts Jupiter in 2nd.
- Transiting Saturn quincunx Saturn, ruler of 2nd house of finances. From February 2020 to January 2021 at least (exact hits occurred on 15 Mar, 9 July and 12 Dec), Ireland moves into a new situation. In other words, it is moving on from old established material structures due to what it’s experiencing and/or changes in what’s important to the country.
- From January 2020 to April 2021, it will explore new avenues to expand its resources. [Transiting Jupiter in 2nd]
- I have never read of anyone using solar return charts for mundane astrology but I thought why not?! From April 2020 to April 2021, Ireland’s focus will be on its resources including its banks, the economy and financial resources possibly due to radical change in its financial situation which may be unexpected. The collective public’s attitudes towards material and financial resources may undergo some revolution as well (Uranus in 2nd). There may be discarding of attitudes especially when it comes to the physical world e.g. money. I also see that the government, the leaders being forced into action because of the country’s financial situation (MC ruler Jupiter squares Sun tightly). I wonder whether the government will go into hiding (12th and Pluto) or perhaps keep secrets. Having said that, it is likely that there’s a limit to what the Irish government can do, if at all (Jupiter in 12th). Interestingly, I predict that there’s going to be a rebirth of the Irish government (Jupiter conjunct Pluto).