This post is not to debate on or discuss the merits and demerits of the equal house system but rather to share my experiences with the system.
Those of you who are familiar with the equal house system know that the cusp of the 10th house isn’t always the same as the Midheaven, MC and likewise, the cusp of the 4th house and IC aren’t usually identical as well.
I have always wondered whether there’s a double whammy to one’s profession/social status/mother when an outer planet transits the MC and the cusp of the 10th house. Based on the following example, it seems that there is indeed a double whammy.
Transiting Neptune first contacted the natal MC of Mr Summers in 2014. It then went on to conjunct the cusp of the 10th house in 2016. The timeline of 2016 is as follows:
- 2/16: using an orb of 1 degree, Neptune came into contact with the 10th. Mr Summers felt an inner sense of discontent with his job. He had a yearning for something different.
- 3/16: 1st hit. The discontent and frustration intensified. He felt like smashing his computer daily. He started to apply for jobs.
- 6/16: 2nd hit. Using 2 degree orb, Neptune stationed retrograde. He had a job offer in June. It was the perfect and ideal position for him. However, he was made a counter offer by his existing employer. Consequently, he turned down the job offer of a lifetime.
- 9/16: 3rd hit. He tendered his resignation with his employer without a job with the intention to further pursue his spiritual interests.
- 1/17: final hit. He registered himself as an unemployed person with the local employment authorities.
- 2/17: Neptune was no longer within the 1 degree orb. Nothing obvious came to his mind.
Based on the above, it seems that there’s a double whammy to the MC/10th house and IC/4th house when the equal house system is used.
This Post Has One Comment
Reblogged this on Lost Dudeist Astrology.